RWTH Aachen – Tsinghua Senior Research Fellowships
- Target Group:
- Direction / Place:
Ms. Wang Shudi (Olivia)
Tsinghua University – Office of International Cooperation and Exchange
- Send Email
First of all, any project which serves to further deepen or extend the relationship between RWTH and Tsinghua University, is very welcome and eligible for funding. The Senior Fellowship Program provides a formal framework to facilitate, first and foremost, joint activities in research and teaching. If you have any other ideas for joint projects or ventures, pleas get in touch with us – these may be eligible for support from other funding programs.
Who can Apply?
- Professors and postdocs from Tsinghua University and from RWTH
- Duration fo stay between 14 days and one month
- Up to 2,500 Euros per stay
- In justified cases, upon agreement, additional funding may be granted.
Purpose of the Fellowship
- Conduct joint research projects, initiate joint research projects (proposal process)
- Present your research at the partner institution
- Prepare a joint publication and/or a third party funding application
- Teach a class or hold seminars at the partner institution
- Stimulate further cooperation between RWTH and Tsinghua
- Strategic value for the partnership between RWTH and Tsinghua regarding future joint projects, for example joint supervision of thesis, joint research & publications, applications for third party funding, teaching, subsequent visits and exchange of students
- September 30, 2018 and March 31, 2019; upon agreement at other times
Application Documents in English
- CV with contact information
- List of recent publications
- Statement of purpose with reference to the research project, duration of the stay and expected outcome – see “purpose of the fellowship” and “selection criteria”
- Time schedule with exact days and itinerary
- Invitation letter from host university: reference to the joint project and duration of the stay, expected outcome (if possible) and future perspectives of cooperation
Send complete application documents to your University's International Office (see the above contact box) before the deadline – you will be nominated by your International Office.
After Your Application Has Been Submitted
Upon notification of acceptance you will receive a welcome email with further information to plan your stay at the partner institution as well as a link to register online at RWTH Aachen University.
We will assist you with any questions so that you can enjoy your time in Aachen.